Identifiers in C++
In C++ variables must be identified with unique names These unique names is known as identifiers.
Identifiers may be names (like x,y & z) or more descriptive names (age, sum, totalVolume) etc.
The General rules for unique identifiers that is:
- Names can contain letters, digits & underscores
- Names must begin with a letter or an underscore (_)
- Names are case sensitive (myVar and myvar are different variables)
- Special characters like !, #, %, etc are not allowed for unique name.
- C++ Reserved words (like keywords, such as int) cannot be used as names