What is Printer
Printer is a external hardware output device that is used to generate hard copy and print any document. Where a document can be any type such as a text file, image etc. .
Types of printer
There are different types of printers.
- Inkjet Printers
- Laser Printers
- 3D Printers
- LED Printers
- Solid Ink Printers
- Dot Matrix Printers
- Multifunction or All-in-One Printers
- Thermal printer
1) Inkjet Printers
This printer is used by home and business, that prints characters by spraying the ink using magnetic plates on the paper.
Advantages of Inkjet Printers:
- It produce high-quality output.
- It is very fast and easy to use.
Disadvantages of Inkjet Printer:
- It may take more time to print.
- It is costly .
- It does not allow the highlighter marker.
2) Laser Printers
It was developed at Xerox PARC by Gary Starkweather. It uses the laser technology to print the text and images on the paper.
Advantages of a Laser printer:
- These types of printers have a higher paper capacity.
- It is less expensive than the inkjet printer.
- It is speedily print documents .
Disadvantages of a Laser printer:
- Laser printers are bulky as they required the laser technology and imaging drum.
- It requires high voltage leads to small carbon emissions.
3) 3D Printers
It uses materials like plastics, polymers, metal alloys, or even food ingredients. 3D printer, which was developed by Chuck Hull in 1984. It produces 3D objects and items by using quality resin.
Advantages of 3D printer:
- It allows users to print objects in 3D .
- It has the ability of full customization.
- It is easy to access and cost-effective.
- It prints the documents with better quality.
- It provides users unlimited shapes and geometry.
Disadvantages of 3D printer:
- Its initial and resin costs are high.
- 3D printing is still developing technology.
- It includes limited materials
4) Dot Matrix Printers
The dot matrix printers are also known as a pin printer that was released by IBM in 1957.It strikes an ink ribbon using print heads that place thousands of little dots to form images and text.
Advantages of Dot matrix printer:
- Dot matrix printer is less expensive..
- It has the ability to print carbon copies of a particular print out.
- Its printing cost is lowest than the other printers.
Disadvantages of Dot matrix printer:
- The speed of the dot matrix printer is slow and its output is also not of high resolution.
- It creates high noise when the pins hit the ribbon to the paper.
- It may be a time-consuming printer as it requires a single paper to wound up and aligned manually.