Features or Buzzwords of Java
There are following features or Buzzword in java that is .
- Platform independent
- Architecture Neutral
- High Performance
1) Simple : -
- Java was designed to be easy to learn, and its syntax for bigner and professional programmer.
- It contains many features of other languages such as C and C ++ .
- Java syntax is based on C++ .
- C++ programmer can easily move to java with little effort to learn.
- Java has removed many complicated features , for example, explicit pointers, operator overloading, etc.
- Automatic Garbage Collection in Java.
2) Object-oriented : -
- Java is an object-oriented programming language because It supports all OOPs Concepts like Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, polymorphism etc..
- Object-oriented programming (OOPs) is a methodology that simplifies software development and maintenance .
- "Everything is an Object" which has some data and behavior. All program code and data reside within objects and classes..
3) Portable : -
- Java is portable because Java bytecode carry to any platform. It doesn't require any implementation.
- It Provides a way to download programs dynamically to all the various types of platforms connected to the Internet.
4) Platform Independent : -
- When Java code is compiled by the compiler and converted into bytecode.
- Java Byte code can be run on multiple platforms, like, Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, Mac/OS, etc.
- It can be run on multiple platforms, Write Once and Run Anywhere(WORA).
5) Secured : -
- It is secure because No explicit pointer.
- Java Programs run inside a virtual machine sandbox.
- Java provides a"firewall" between a networked application and your computer.
- When a Java Compatible Web browser is used, downloading can be done safely without fear of viral infection or malicious intent.
6) Robust : -
- Java is a robust languagebecause it provides exception handling mechanism through which we can handle the exception to maintain the normal flow of execution.
- Java is a strictly typed language. It checks code both at compile time and runtime.
7) Architecture-Neutral : -
- Architecture neutral because there are no implementation dependent features, for example, the size of primitive types is fixed.
8) High-Performance : -
- Java is faster than other interpreted programming languages because Java bytecode is "close" to native code. It is still a little bit slower than a compiled language (e.g., C++). Java is an interpreted language that is why it is slower than compiled languages, e.g., C, C++, etc.
9) Distributed : -
- In Java RMI and EJB are used for creating distributed applications. This feature of Java makes us able to access files by calling the methods from any machine on the internet.
10) Multi-Threaded: -
- We know A thread is like a separate program, executing concurrently.We can write Java programs that deal with many tasks at once by defining multiple threads. The main advantage of multi-threading is that it doesn't occupy memory for each thread. It shares a common memory area. Threads are important for multi-media, Web applications, etc.
11) Dynamic: -
- Java supports dynamic compilation and automatic memory management (garbage collection).